Friday, February 3, 2012

Can I really make money with Surveys & Focus Groups

Yes, you can make money and save money on the internet.  While I don't usually post personal information, i was working on my budget for the year.  I keep track of all money I make from surveys and focus groups and this year I've made $7900.  That includes cash and gift cards.  That doesn't include all the free products I've tried.  To be honest, I do spend a lot of time at it.  

My hints:

Sign up with several survey sites (free to join) to increase your chances of being selected for the surveys. 

Provide your personal and demographic information (if comfortable) when registering, which credible survey sites will not disclose to any other party. That information is used to select participants for surveys on specific products and services.  This will also cut down on how many invitations you get where you waste a couple of minutes filling out demographic information only to get booted out.


If you see a focus group looking for participants, sign up immediately!  They will fill based on who fits there criteria and who signed up first.

If you answer surveys, split up your time.  Surveys fill up fast so I take four times a day to go through my e-mail and answer surveys.  Buy splitting up my time instead of one big swing, I get into more surveys.

Figure out what your time is worth!

If the points or value don't equate to at least $1 per 10 minutes of my time, I delete it.  I figure $6 per hour is worth my time.  I don't have to pay gas, don't have to travel and don't have to pay taxes.  Figure out what your time is worth!